Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cheltenham - Tuesday

A strange first day. Two rubbish races at the end and solid markets in the first three where I am already pretty much committed.

2:00 Supreme Novices
Amaretto Rose 3/1
De Soto 9/1
Granit Jack 9/1
Hide the Evidence 9/1
Tipperary All Stay 11/1
De valira 12/1
Kicks for Free 25/1
Orbit O'Gold 25/1
Rindoon 25/1
Tyson 25/1
Wins Now 25/1

It'll be interesting to see just how tired they get here. I have an antepost voucher on Amaretto Rose at 8s, Hide The Evidence at a disappointing 10s, and Osana at 33s (oops). I also have Tyson for pennies at 70s and Ebazaiyan at 400s for all the good it will do me!

Looking at this morning's prices there does seem to be a play on one either side of the water, on horses who need forgiving a run, which I've pretty much done in my pricing.

De Soto 3pts win at 16/1
Tipperary All Star 3pts win at 20/1+


2:35 Arkle
Fair Along 3/1
My Way de Solzen 4/1
Don't Push It 7/1
Buena Vista 11/1
Lennon 20/1
Twist Magic 20/1
Tidal Fury 20/1
Jack the Giant 20/1

I have Fair Along at 10s, (and Twist Magic and Lennon at prices that look average now). As long as the ground isn't too bad I don't see a reason to desert Fair Along. He bounded up the hill when he beat My Way de Solzen at Sandown and all being well he'll repeat the feat here. I think the 7/2 available is fair and you may yet get better if he drifts. I'll admit in my mind's eye I see something coming and beating him on the run-in which is why I'll probably stick with my 10s and hope rather than diving in again.


3:15 Champion Hurdle
Detroit City 9/4
Hardy Eustace 11/4
Brave Inca 9/2
Iktitaf 20/1
Asian Maze 20/1
I won't tell you what price I have Iktitaf at, suffice to say it's single figures. And I still think he could surprise them! In reality this race's been done to death. I priced this up a week ago like this, which meant I was able to have a decent bet on Hardy Eustace at 5s, which was definitely too long. He's the best hurdler, has the T-shirt and was giving a strange ride in the non-race against Detroit City. The latter may well beat him today and I'd cheer him if he did. No bet this morning.



4:00 WH Chase
Little Brick 7/1
Juveigneur 10/1
New Alco 10/1
Rambling Minster 10/1
D'argent 12/1
Heez a Dreamer 16/1
Irish Raptor 16/1
Heltornic 20/1
Distant Thunder 20/1
Lacdoudal 33/1
Commercial flyer 33/1
Mon Mome 33/1
Gallant Approach 33/1
All in the Stars 50/1

All the old faves here. New Alco is in most of my each way multiples. The only price that stands out this morning is D'argent. Taking New Alco's price as a guide you'd have to say he's wrongly priced. Of course you have to forgive last time out, but frankly I thought that was just too far. He was strong in the betting when he won and is noticeably weak this morning. It may be that he was primed for just the one run. Still, at 33/1 I can afford to have a throw. I think I'll avoid each way - 13 short-listed and he was pulled up last time. May live to regret it though!

D'Argent 3pts win at 33/1

1 comment:

  1. Ebazaiyan at 400/1 - you couldn't make it up!! Oh lordy.

    ReplyDelete