Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cheltenham - Thursday

Not exactly flying so far - a late bet on the drifiting Burntoakboy saved my bacon yesterday and that Ezabayin bet is all that's keeping me ahead. Today isn't exactly the day to get going either with four ridiculous races. - which I won't bother to bore you with the tissues - suffice to say they are wide open.

2:35 Ryanair
Monets Garden 3/1
Taranis 7/2
Racing Demon 8/1
Our Vic 7/1
Too Forward 10/1
Thisthatandtother 20/1

Given my antipathy towards Racing Demon and Our Vic here there should be juice and I think it lies in the form of Taranis. These horses that love the track and trip are always worth siding with. Trying to give 10lbs to Exotic Dancer looks good now too, and he gets the allowances here as well. Monets Garden is a good horse but his popularity always counts against him value-wise, especially as he's failed on the big occasion a few times now.

Taranis 6pts win at 9/2


3:15 World Hurdle
Inglis Drever 4/1
Mighty Man 4/1
Black Jack Ketchum 7/1
Blazing Bailey 7/1
Kasbah Bliss 9/1
Overstrand 16/1

Just as well I'm not a bookie on those prices. BJK could make me look silly but I'm used to that - ask Denman! I've always been a big fan of Inglis and despite his weakness will stick with him - on ante post also, as I am with Kasbah Bliss, (and Temoin - a piece of nonsense I blame Pricewise for). If an outsider were to spoil the party Overstrand's trainer has proven he has something up his sleeve. Anything but Black Jack then!


The other races:
2:00 I can hardly cross any out so competitive is this. That said New Little Brick looked a wonder horse at Sandown and only has to give a stone or so to the "plot" horses. The one lurker I'll throw a dart at is L'antartique ew at 28/1

4:00 Opera Mundi, as Nicholls says, looks like an unexposed chaser taking on thoroughly exposed horses. 5/1 looks skinny enough though. I can't get excited about anything else though. Gallant Approach looks to have been laid out for another crack at this.

4:40 Gungadu - it doesn't look like Harry's playing up his million. Good horse, can jump left or right or indeed through, but has an engine. Ground probably quick enough. I thought he was struggling to get home at Newbury last time. Enough chinks. Finding anything to take him on with isn't easy though - Nine De Savola, Miko De Beuchene and Not Left Yet possible.

5:20 Pertemps isn't my race but I get stuck in every year anyway. This year's two are at least both genuine and proven on the course. Monolith and Material World.

1 comment:

  1. Days like that don't come around very often. Shame I was shy with my blogger points.

    Regulars will know that I always do the accumulators on the best bets. I discovered over the years that I have days where everything seems to click (as well as weeks or even months when they don't). If you can get the most out of the good days it will more than carry you through the bad.

    The last two seasons I've had two very large winning trebles, and L'Antartique, Taranis and the great, great, Inglis Drever gave me another pretty large one today. Shame Monolith didn't win the last or else I could have retired!

    Hope some of you picked the bones from all that, or at least backed taranis!

    ReplyDelete