Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cheltenham - Wednesday

2:00 Ballymore Novices
Aran Concerto 5/2
Catch Me 7/1
Silverburn 7/1
Du De regniere 8/1
My Turn Mow 8/1
Scotsirish 9/1
Tidal Bay 16/1

I won't be finding another 400/1 winner in this one, but I am on Willie Mullins again, having taken Scotsirish at 25/1 a while back. He would also set off a big Mullins treble for today so here's to travelling hopefully! The ground is good and getting faster. Ex-flat horses are back in the game. If I was to add to my portfolio late on Catch Me and Duc De Regniere would be most likely. Scotsirish is still just about backable this morning though so I'll add a fictional bet for the blog's sake.

Scotsirish 3pts win at 14/1


2:35 Royal Sunalliance Chase
Denman 9/4
caillan Alainn 7/1
Snowy Morning 8/1
Ungaro 8/1
Dom D'Orgeval 9/1
Turko 9/1
Aces Four 25/1
Patsy Hall 25/1

I've been opposing Denman all season. And am now regretting it! Harry Findlay has forced the price down to an absurd level - good luck to him, but I had to play my prices. I now have a stack of vouchers on most of those named. At this morning's prices there are still two that look too big to me. Turko I've liked all year, despite the jumping, and Ungaro for me has just about the best form on show and the ground looks to have come right. I don't need to go in again, but as above I'll pretend I have for the blog.

Ungaro 3pts win at 12/1
Turko 3pts win at 20/1



3:15 Queen Mum
Well chief 6/4
Newmill 7/2
Voy Per Ustedes 6/1
Ashley Brook 12/1
Dempsey 16/1
Justified 20/1

Newmill owes me nothing and I'm on at 6s. Dempsey was actually my bigger bet last year before his fall, and I've kept him on-side again at 40s. Ashley Brook also sems to be in my portfolio at worse than this morning's odds and to be honest I can't see it. Well Chief probably has this sewn up though so I'm in no rush to go in again oppsoing him. And if he fails Alan King does wonderfully well preparing his stable stars.


4:00 Coral Cup
No worthwhile tissue. However I'm going to play the Henderson horses here. I thought All Star would be the third-string, but he looks first-string on jockey bookings which is intriguing, and the way Henderson fires them in year after year at Cheltenham, and with the ground coming right... Forecasts and tricasts and all.

Rose Davidson makes me smile every time she rides and made me a small fortune a couple of seasons ago so who am I to desert Rayshan at 66/1 each way?


4:40 Kim Muir
Again no worthwhile tissue - something like 20/1 each of 14, but I do have Darby Wall as clear favourite based on his two course wins on good going. He's been kept to shorter since and will do for me with Nina up in a hopelessly open race. I have a small sum on at 50/1 and think I'll top up this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Tough day - not exactly repeated the glories of last year. Dempsey did great and Burntoakboy drifted to a price that begged taking.

    The Sun Alliance emptied my pocket in some style though - hope Harry spends it wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough day - not exactly repeated the glories of last year. Dempsey did great and Burntoakboy drifted to a price that begged taking.

    The Sun Alliance emptied my pocket in some style though - hope Harry spends it wisely!

    ReplyDelete