Saturday, March 17, 2007

Racing - Saturday 17th March

Back to normal today!

Uttoxeter 3:15
Nil Desperandum 13/2
Jaunty Times 9/1
GVA Ireland 10/1
Newbay Prop 10/1
Keepatem 12/1
Jaqouille 12/1
Parkinson 16/1
Ladalko 16/1
Take the Stand 16/1
Garryvoe 16/1
In Accord 20/1
The Outlier 33/1
Baron Windrush 33/1

The national fave and some Irish raiders, an interesting renewal. A race I struggle with and looking at my tissue I can see why! What I know about Jaunty Times is he stays and stays and stays and this should be right up his street. Intriguing that Johnson's on the other Daly runner though. I'll do a small forecast and keep In Accord on-side. I can't be doing with my price for Take The Stand. On the other hand he is tumbling down the weights. Umm, let's go for:

Jaunty Times 3pts win at 14/1+
Take The Stand 1pt ew at 66/1


Wetherby 3:35
Loulou Nivernais 9/4
Theatre Knight 11/2
Kerry Lads 9/1
Silver Knight 9/1

A race that revolves around the favourite. I have a feeling that today's the day people are going to get after Loulou, up 40lbs since starting his winning run. But if you saw his last run at Newcastle you'll see he had tons in hand. It's one of those calls and at the price I'm happy to take the chance on him, especially as the contenders are not the type I ever consider backing.

Loulou Nivervais 5pts win at 10/3


Lingfield 4:25
Very Wise 3/1
Happy as larry 7/1
Pagan Sword 11/1
Fusili 20/1

This looks a much weaker race than the one Orchard Supreme won last time. Very Wise was heavily backed that day before getting stuck in the stalls. He was shorter than 3/1 by the off, so I can't help but be drawn by the 3/1 on offer here.

Very Wise 5pts win at 3/1

1 comment: