Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday 6th January

I was all prepared to back Stoke today for the challenge, but since I did the ratings on Thursday I've been increasingly uneasy about the bet. It is based on my ratings but I'm not sure how well they correlate across divisions (which is why I usually give cup games the swerve).


I would have wimped out and gone for Kruguyrova instead. However, I fear she is going to be one of those horses I always get wrong. We backed against her first time up when she won and were with her when she lost. I don't think I want to continue that in a match bet too.


Instead I'll go for a walk on a beautiful day – up what my wife calls “little Switzerland”. These Salopians are so cosmoplitan!



So Stoke it is – but let's keep the draw on side.


£500 Challenge

Stoke £20 Asians +0.5 at 1.75


No comments:

Post a Comment