Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday 2nd January

Let's review the challenge so far.


Current Standing £697

Football – 27 bets/15 wins 146%

Racing - 85 bets/36 wins 112%

Total - 121 bets/55 wins 111%


As with my other funds, for the first time the football bets are outperforming all other bets. Whilst this is pleasing I rather need to get the racing bets back on track. On reflection, now that the fund has been running for a while I see that I am understaking. This takes into consideration the higher strike-rate/shorter odds and the fact that I'm only playing level stakes. Also, whereas (see frame opposite) I was going to bet on three levels I have only bet on the minimum level since turning the challenge into a daily nap bet.


I think the bet level should probably be £25 currently. However, the past has taught me big jumps like that are nearly always a disaster so I'll split the difference and pray it doesn't coincide with a losing streak. We're a bit behind target towards April, but after the travails of the summer I can live with that.



So, let's kick off the new year.


The racing looks tricky with Jean Le Poisson and Air Force One both odds on and yet with doubts about them. So, let's go with Bolton. The price is probably only just fair but the way they dispatched Wigan and Birmingham should be enough to see off Derby, who it is true have started scoring but were gutless against Blackburn on Saturday.



£500 Challenge
Bolton £18.50 win at 8/15
0-0 £1.50 at 12/1


No comments:

Post a Comment