Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wednesday 9th January

Was interested in Modicum today. 2/1 on probably fair for a horse that's come second in arguably the best two novice chases run in the north this season. And I envisage the Rose Davison knockers being happy to oppose at such a short price – wouldn't be surprised to see 4/6 if there's any money at all for one of the debutants.


However, the weather at Musselburgh gives pause for thought. Water on the bends and still blowing a gale. Quite apart from likely non runners Modicum wouldn't want it to be a slog. So a watching brief for now.


That left me with the football, but my ratings don't help me get an accurate enough picture on the strength of Arsenal's kids, and I tend to avoid the big derbies generally.


I had a rather bad last minute to the Chelsea game last night. (I was going to back Chelsea to win, changed my mind late on and went for Under 2.5 goals, and was just about to close that bet when Chelsea scored the 3rd!). Just the sort of 'bad beat' that I'd rather avoid over the next few weeks.


So, not hard for me to leave the daily challenge alone today.


1 comment:

  1. The challenge did well to avoid that one. (Shame I didn't).

    Looked like the gorund didn't help but Nicky Richards short ones require a softer tread than I had this afternoon.

    "Walk the rice paper Tooting, don't eat it".

    ReplyDelete