Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday 24th May

£500 Challenge Bet” (£770 – 1 bet running)


I was looking at the Irish 2000 Guineas with a view to including it as a banker bet. Jupiter Pluvius isn't ready judged solely on Ladbrokes' prices and whilst I'll be playing each way doubles with Stubbs Art (can't desert him entirely!) it does look a match.


However, the more I looked at it the more confused I was as to why Henrythenavigator wasn't favourite. New Approach had the run of the race in the Guineas but was still outgunned. I ended up thinking 13/8 was a very fair price.


£20 win Henrythenavigator 13/8




Barking Bets” (Banked £200/Current bank £1375 – 1 bet running)

(A couple of late plays on the horses added to the successful tennis bets puts us up for the week. When I have bets that are in play I usually account them as losers. For this fund though I'll account them as winners, so that I can bank/increase stakes) There are a number of possible races today – for example 2:15 Catterick and3:55 Beverley. But I can't find anything obvious right now.


Todays bets

None advised



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:57 AM

    Yep! With the dosage figures on his side I'm "all in" with our Henry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:51 PM

    thanks. Nice one to you too.. I've calculated the dosage figures for the 1000 tomorrow I'll PM you with the numbers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete