Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday 11th May

£500 Challenge Bet” (£759)


Rochdale gubbed Darlington 1-2 yesterday! That late goal leaves them with a lot to do. I'll count them as a loser for now.


These Premiership prices are enough to make a “value” punter spontaneously combust. I really don't know what to make of it all. If the fund was flying high I'd probably be racing gung ho into 4 or 5 bets, but as the last couple of weeks have been terrible, and especially these sort of football bets, I'm running a bit scared. Never a good sign.


I have my Fulham shirt on, and would normally hedge on them losing. However, my mind keeps on saying to me. “Al Fayed meet 'Arry; 'Arry meet AL Fayed”. Read into that what you will.


Wigan are a remarkable 1.75 getting a two goal start. Reading are also a ridiculous price even against Derby.


But Blackburn seem the silliest the price of all. I'll probably fashion something around the rest but the challenge fund (which is due some winnings from a bet on Chelsea/Man Utd back at the start of the season when I was including long term bets in this fund – since ditched) but will stick with Blackburn.


Blackburn £5 win at 11/4

Blackburn £20 at 1.75 +0.5





Barking Bets” (Banked £200/Current bank £1158)

Had got into profit for the week before a late bet on the Derby Trial bit me on the arse.


Todays bets

  1. 2:00 Uttox – Dutch Haddaf/Backstage/Alflamour £120 at 1.16

  2. 2:30 Uttox – Dutch Spare cash/Fourty Acers £120 at 1.15


1 comment:

  1. That did look a decidedly dodgy game (Fulham). The Portsmouth players looked to have no real desire to score.

    My pocket says to me the Birmingham game probably was as well!

    The end of the season is becoming v whiffy if you ask me - I'll be packing up the betting before May next season.

    ReplyDelete