Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday 11th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1022 - 6 bets inplay – accounted)

I'll skip the racing today. Crack Away Jack did the business for us at Cheltenham but still think this is a watching brief bar a get rich quick treble with other stable horses – Ice Tea and Crow Wood!

Which leaves football. I was going to just play the England game. However, it seems as though Kazhakstan are blooding their under 21s and that does make the game more unpredictable than I was expecting. At the same time one of my ratings-based matches has become more compelling with the news that Peterborough are severely injury hit in defence. I'll play both. (Reasons for the England bet should be pretty obvious for anyone regular).

England Under 3.5 goals £13.75 at 11/10
England win 4-0 £3.75 at 13/2
Walsall £12.50 win at 13/10 (11/8 available for those with the right accounts)



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £2941)

Wales (usually get the job done eventually!) £280 at 1.18 to win
2:35 Chep - £280 dutch the front two

3:25 Bangor also a possible.



Snippet of the day”
And I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
but it's all right, it's all right
for we lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the
road we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong”



5 comments:

  1. Saturday's are killing me...terrible stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Catching Up on the blog.

    TRB, Xray Specs, the specials, etc. Under the banner of Anti Nazi League. A beautiful thing. The badges went down a treat in Dagnenham in 1978. But can you remember the name of the rock legend, whose comments were the catalyst for the movement?

    PS Not liking the look of Hatton, publicity machine. You are correct he is fighting 'soft hands',but I really wonder if his oppoenent could actually dig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Good morning,Toots.
    Would you consider dutching Johnson and Sabbatini for the Texas Open? Much the best two players in the top 10 and in pole position. Only concern is that it is an easy course and there have been some low scores. Even if you didn't go for this one,is it the type of bet you would consider?
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be Mr Eric Clapton sir, (although David Bowie said some pretty dodgy things at the same time but seems to have avoided any on-going notoriety).

    I've still got a badge somewhere - badges were big for a a couple of years weren't they - very strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,

    yes we have successfully dutched the golf frontrunners before in the barking bets section.

    I did look at this this morning - but with a bunch of players on -11 and -10, and yesterdays low rounds, it's not one for me today.

    be lucky!

    ReplyDelete