Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday 18th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1032 - 6 bets inplay – accounted)

Felt like Fragrancy should have won yesterday. I did manage to include Dee Ee Williams in my other play, but as he went unmentioned I won't count that as a winner here.

Today.
3:10 Newmarket
Trends demand that we go after New Approach – it really does seem hard to hold form that long, and he did look to have had enough in the Irish champion stakes. If I was a bookie I'd be going after him and ducking Russian Cross, and, unsurprisingly, that's exactly what Corals are doing. Earlier in the week I took Traffic Guard (at worse prices than available now) and can see him running a big race.


3:50 NewmarketI'm on Mamlook – and even this morning would be willing to overlook stable form. If you fancy a long-shot how about Talenti from our favourite dodgy stable – a little bit of money for him this morning. I've liked Missoula for this all along, but the draw is off-putting.


5:00 NewmarketUnsung Heroine ran a cracker for us in the St Leger and is still relatively fresh. No brainer at 9/4.

Russian Cross £10 at 4/1+
Unsung Heroine £15 at 9/4+
Russian Cross/Mamlook/Unsung Heroine £2.50 treble
Russian Cross/Missoula/Unsung Heroine £1.75 treble
Russian Cross/Talenti/Unsung Heroine 75p treble




Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £2756)
Back chasing. Novice chasing in fact!

  1. Chelt 2:50 Not sure of exact perm yet

  2. Chelt 5:10 dutch front two

  3. Kelso 3:15 dutch front two




Snippet of the day”
When are we gonna learn the lesson,
When are we gonna stop all of these victory processions.”

(Ok – so it's about war really, but still...)

3 comments:

  1. The non runner takes the juice off the Unsung Heroine bet, for sure. Up to you. I'm waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did put Carracciola up on here as tip at 50/1 for the Cesarewitch.

    Last year unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank god for the football - and Unsung Heroine probably would have been given that race on a short head verdict.

    barking bets had a good day.

    Overall, I'm still getting dragged into racing bets I need to turn my back on though...

    ReplyDelete