Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday 19th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1060 - 4 bets inplay – accounted)

Off walking this morning and will probably miss some of an informative looking card at Kempton. So stuck with football. Just as well after yesterday!

Firstly I'm going to follow a tipster myself. Kevin Pullein is a terrific writer on football. Who hardly ever bets. And when he does find a price he considers out of line the bookies usually adjust it immediately anyway. However today not only does he think he's found a price that is very wrong, but also the bookies are standing it (there is a reason for the difference of opinion). I don't have any view on the matter at hand myself, but have followed him in. It's usually worth it.

Secondly, I'm going to oppose Spurs this morning, although I can see the money coming for them. My ratings price them up at 11/8 for this, so I'm hardly screaming value. However, Stoke are very solid at home, and Spurs have still only won two away league matches in 2008 – against Reading and Derby. Of course Stoke belong comfortably in that bracket and Spurs must improve sometime. On the other hand they are hopelessly short of ideas up front, and look just the sort of side to collapse under the long throw-in.

£15 Barcelona/Bilba under 11 corners at Evens
£15 Stoke +0.5 at 1.8



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3032)
Horses good yesterday. I'm finding in-running football bets fit this fund well. So far! Man Utd and Chelsea in play yesterday after slow starts. Recovered the tennis losses anyway. Been a few weeks since a dividend though.



Snippet of the day”
The winner takes it all
The loser standing small”

Our newsagent has Abba on a constant loop, as do I now this morning!


1 comment:

  1. A friend e-mails me to say I've now put up Kevin Pullein punts three times now - and they've all lost.

    There's probably an angle here (randomness aside) in that if the bookies continue to stand the price - he's wrong.

    Either way - I can find enough losers on my own - Kevin, you're fired!

    ReplyDelete