Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday 5th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1065 - 6 bets inplay – accounted)

The Arc is looking a bit of a mess at the moment. Apprently there are doubts about Zarkava running, plus Duke of Marmalade, plus we need to wait on the going. So, all I can say is I'll be opposing the front three and one horse I'll definitely back is Getaway. So, let's put him down here and then wait and see.

Football is easier.

I can't quite believe I'm doing this, having opposed them away for years, but Liverpool look too big against Man City. The latter are an even more extreme example than QPR of prices being skewed by money rather than substance. That bet is a ratings based one. But I'm going to add a hunch bet – Villa to draw at Chelsea. 3/1 is the right price on paper, but Chelsea are struggling with injuries down the spine of their side and a rampant Villa is a tough test – the draw price should probably be shorter to account for that – as a layer I'd definitely have gone shorter.

Getaway £3.75 ew at 12/1
Liverpool £15 at 13/10
Villa/Chelsea £7.50 draw at 3/1



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £2727)
Bugger. Not a good week for racing bets. Maybe that's a warning shot across the bows to tell me that the season is sliding to a muddy messy end.



Snippet of the day”
I would walk 500 miles...”

(My wife not back yet and no word since late last night. I was awake listening to the rain most the night!)

3 comments:

  1. Wife finally finished - 21 hours!

    She reached halfway in 8 hours so that was a hell of a slog thereafter - half her team dropping out at 32 miles. Brave girl.


    (The record for running it is 8 hours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. Hopeless weekend - about as good as Gary Rhodes's dancing. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than Rhodes`s dancing Toots and I am confident you will be back with a bang next week.Had a good day on the football,be lucky.

    ReplyDelete