Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday 23rd October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1034 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

World Series started badly and 10 of last 11 winners of game 1 have won series apparently.
Our Champions League treble looks much better.

Carlisle's novice chases interest me today. Exact state of ground, possible non runners (Palomar in particular) and drifters all make it more of a watching brief for now though.

I liked Astarador's debut and as the best hurdler he should put his experience to good use and could well defy the penalty. He had a very soft lead last time though and there's some nice horses here. Tot O'Whiskey wasn't so impressive and is up in trip here, but has an easier task, depending on the view you take about Nine De Sivola, who I'm keen to oppose first time back.

Astarador £15 (possibly dutch with Crocodiles Rock)
Tot O Whiskey £15 (possibly dutch with Mr Barbacle).

Sorry not to be more definite. I'll post my final decisions below, closer to races.



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3032)
A good decision for once – to avoid Bath.
I'm also liking football matches that are 0-0 half-time, with the much better home team not yet winning. Chelsea last night – could back them and 0-0 at decent dutched odds.



Snippet of the day”
Your time is coming, don't be late”


6 comments:

  1. Astarador £15 at 11/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute I put the money down - the money came in for Crocodiles Rock - could have dutched them both - cross with myself now!

    £12 tot o whiskey and £3 Mr Barnacle

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now nine de sivola comes out (who I've built my book around). I've been well and truly sheared today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Toots- I read the article in the RP today about Jonjo,and so I dutched Crocodiles Rock which was lucky. Put the winnings on Malakiya and then chickened out of Tot o Whiskey. Still,you cant win them all! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Talking of Jonjo,do you have any idea why JP has so many "ordinary" horses? He seems to go for quantity rather than quality.Very noticeable on Saturdays that AP is really struggling for decent "ammo" to take on Ruby. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Escaped in the end - but furious at my tactics today.

    John, JP does seem to like long distance chasing types (aka plodders), doesn't he. Nicholls (and King) will be pulling even further clear this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toots,you put me in the right direction time and time again,top man cheers.

    ReplyDelete