Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thursday 9th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1052 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

I remember why I always used to go on holiday the week after the Arc now! Still no bet.

I'm off to London this afternoon for a jolly with some old city friends – assuming they are still in jobs by then. So, no posting tomorrow, so I guess I may as well put the weekend league football up now.

Wycombe are flying right now and I have them prices as odds on against a woeful Grimsby. The latter could be too short simply on the halo affect a change of manager is supposed to have. Wycombe's games have been tight affairs and Newell's first objective will be to keep a clean sheet.

The other ratings' picks can easily be discarded on closer investigation, but we'll stick with our so far failing objective of nailing a multiple!

Wycombe £25 win at 11/10
0-0 £2.50 at 11/1ish
£1.50 fourfold Northampton/Rochdale/Colchester/Walsall at 40/1ish
£1 fivefold Northampton/Rochdale/Colchester/Walsall/Wycombe at 80/1ish



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £2877)
Things must be bad – I've been pulled into a tennis bet.

Zvonareva bt Hantuchova £280 at 1.23



Snippet of the day”
This was mentioned on TV last night and brought back some memories.

X Ray Spex
Patrik Fitzgerald
The Clash
Steel Pulse
Tom Robinson Band

The line-up for the 1977 Rock Against Racism rally in Victoria Park which I attended, aged 15, against the express wishes of my elders, and which remains a big moment in my life. Patrik Fitzgerald was bottled off stage by a crowd of expectant punks and departed with the anguished squeal:

“If you hate the fuckin nazis as much as you fuckin hate me, god 'elp 'em.”

Safety-pin stuck in his heart indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment