Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday 12th October

£500 Challenge Bet” (£992 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

I spent a lot of last year opposing Nicholls' horses on what turned out to be dubious 'value' grounds. Not a mistake I intend to make this year. Today he starts his assault on the Irish championship with two likely second season sorts. I'd expect at least one of them to win what look pretty uncompetitive contests.

Dear Villez £10 at 15/8+
Marodima £20 at 8/11+




Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3161)
Good day yesterday for this fund at least – back to our high-tide mark. Nothing obvious today though. I looked at the Washington Redskins but all I know about NFL I learnt from three months working in a sports bar in Seattle 25 years ago!




Snippet of the day”
(I'll continue the song)

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age's most uncertain hours
and sing an American tune
Oh, and it's alright, it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest
That's all I'm trying to get some rest.”


3 comments:

  1. Hi Toots,have you greened up on The Power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Hi Toots,
    We were right about the golf.Charlie Wi shot 61-including 12 x 3's ! Luckily class came through and Zach did the business.I think Sabbatini may be a bit of a bottler.
    What did you think of the ride given to Marodima?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it ride Billy!

    Well done on golf, John.

    Marodima needs to be ridden like a bat out of hell judged on last year's rides. Jumped badly. To be honest I think he'll struggle this year - needs a small field, easy track, soft lead, maybe one for Ayr in April.

    The warning signs were pretty obvious - an early reminder that David Johnson horses rarely win if drifting - his money, or absence of it, is fairly clear in the early market.

    ReplyDelete