Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday 19th December

Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £3240 – scd bet unaccounted)
Looks like being our quietest ever week.



£500 Challenge Bet (£835- 2 bets inplay – accounted)

Phil Taylor has been the brightest part of this fund over the last year – certainly my Sports Personality of the Year. He's now down to 4/7 for the biggest tournament of all – I think he may finally have found his price. I'll leave it to you whether to keep playing up your winnings or not. I'll play a modest 1% but that'll do me. There were signs last time out that he isn't nailing the doubles as he was mid-season. He still has that air of Tiger Woods invincibility about him though, that makes the rest of the players beat themselves.

Football – the ratings are useful at showing team's progress or otherwise. They tell me that Southend are the same side as they were at the start of the season, and so are Hartlepool. Southend's way record has been the problem and explain tonight's prices. I'll play 1% on Southend – split 20 win at 9/4; 35 draw no bet at 5/4; and 45 +0.5 on the Asians at 1.75. Overall that returns 2.2 for a win and 1.1 for a draw.

Ascot. Tricky looking card. Certainly no barking bets. I've been playing some of the chase handicaps “barking bet lite” style as an experiment this months – hopefully will launch as part of this fund in new year.



Snippet of the day

“The odds are good but the goods are odd.”

No comments:

Post a Comment