Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday 20th December

Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £3240 – scd bet unaccounted)
Two possible races today.
1:50 Newcastle – dutch front three at around 1.2
2:00 Haydock – dutch front two at around 1.15
I may skip the latter – Doctor David is a mulish character and may play up on course, and Kalahari King is my only ante post Fetsival bet so far, so don't want to be doubly scuppered. Certainly bet late if at all.

Then pray Tom falls over the line in SCD.




£500 Challenge Bet (£835- 2 bets inplay – accounted)

I forgot to add yesterday that Southend are gash. Still, wait till you see today's advice John.


Wolves are fairly priced to beat Doncaster – bookies still pricing the latter on their attractive play rather than their end product. I'm splitting my 1% bet 65 Draw No Bet and 35 win.

Bournemouth have the captain out injured, and a benchful suspended. Dumped out of the cup by non league opposition midweek they now play the up and coming side in the division. No wonder they're drifting. On the other hand Bury look to be in a completely false position – an easy fixture list helping. I can't help myself – forgive me. 1% split: 30 win and 70 draw no bet.

Ascot. The Graduation Chase looks a match. However, Gwanako has to recover from an Aintree horror, and doubts still linger about the stable. My Petra looks much more solid, though the distance may be an obstacle. Miss Mitch is the lurker. She looked to be about to have a great future over fences before injuring herself at a water jump and losing her way last season. This looks exactly the sort of race to get her back on track – I've gone ew at 14/1, (7 runners I know, but you can see one of the faves blowing out and the rest aren't up to anything), and had a small ew double her and Alsaada in the Ladbroke, for the sport. 1% in total.




Snippet of the day

“You go from second hand to almost new.”

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Pains me to agree,Toots,but I fear you are correct.The "freefall" has resumed!
    I could be watching Ascot,but instead I will be at Fortress(!) Dean Court. However,I am sure Miss Mitch will take the pain away!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fraid not! Ran a game race though - keep an eye on her for a decent handicap. Shame the two faves ran their races.

    I pondered Niche Market for a wee while this morning - letting 40/1 shots win unbacked isn't a good way out of a hole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee John. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:04 PM

    Tom.... never in doubt!!
    Perpetual

    ReplyDelete