Saturday, December 06, 2008

Saturday 6th December

Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3647 – tennis bet unaccounted)

Tip-toeing along this week. Could do without blowing it.

12:25 Chepstow playable, dutching front two at close to 1.2
1:00 Chepstow possible if you're happy to oppose Pancake (probably)
2:00 Sandown – another one of those possibly trappy novice chases but front two playable if happy they are a cut above (probably)

Pioline/Sampras play-off to see who plays Rusedski in final. Pioline has never beaten Sampras. I'll let it ride.



£500 Challenge Bet” (£814- 6 bets inplay – accounted)

Let's imagine I was betting in this fund.

The football ratings throw up two teams (one of which will make at least one person laugh!).

Birmingham to beat Watford on ratings should be as short as 1.5 The problem is Birmingham just keep conceding goals, and it's easy to see why they're priced longer – particuarly if you suspect Watford are probably underrated. Not for me.

Bournemouth (!) should be odds-on to beat Chester on my ratings. I'm guessing this must just be because my ratings can't catch up with their freefall – maybe today's the day they steady the ship. Frankly, if they can't....Good luck, but I'll skip.

Racing. I foresee the following headline: Thomas rides four timer at Chepstow as McCoy falls at Sandown! Though, to be honest the four-timer actually looks more likely. Master Minded and Tidal Bay look the right prices to me. It's notable that Corals are firmly in Tidal Bay's camp though. The horse that seems to have been slightly overlooked is Twist Magic who likes this course – in stark contrast to undulating tracks – I'd put him in at 9/1.

On-going bets – Ronnie O'Sullivan gets to the business end of the Permier League. Let's hope he plays better than he has thus far; Stenson now only 3 shots clear; Diana vulnerable in X Factor and not looking a favourite; and we need a good night from Austin Healey – Tom beginning to worry me.


Snippet of the day”
Dog-school:
Ok, hands up anyone who hasn't eaten their homework”

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Come on,Toots-have faith. It is Darren Anderton's last ever game and they will want to put on a show. Unbeaten in 4- on TV again soon-they will be working their wotsits off! Trouble is-they are not very good..... Welcome to my life!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a row of seats all my own back in darker days at The Cottage - John! Good luck.

    A good day for the horses - barking bet-wise.

    Shame about Sampras - kicking myself for not hedging - can't see Rusedski beating Pioline tomorrow, which is a shame because it would be a great week for the fund if he could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A fairytale finish down at Dean Court"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Thanks,Toots! Supporting a rubbish team makes winning far more sweet.5 games undefeated but I fear without Anderton they will now struggle. A real modest guy compared with some of the current Premiership footballers.
    John

    ReplyDelete