Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday 7th December

Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3512 – tennis bet accounted as loser)

Racing's been great this week. I have very little faith in Rusedski beating Pioline however – have already counted it as a loser. If he could pull it off we'll have a perfect 10 for the week, and a nice dividend. I'm off walking, so no bets today.



£500 Challenge Bet” (£814- 4 bets inplay – accounted)

Reality TV gave us a right kicking last night, which at least I was prepared for. Further proof, were any needed that these shows are best treated as long-term trading events.Something I gave up a couple of years back when I realised I was wasting my life perusing celebrity-obsessed forums; monitoring obscure on-line polls, and worst of all watching the damned programmes.

Ronnie made the final, Selby looks to be in the best form though – fingers crossed for this evening.

Stenson at least has a stroll in the park today for anyone who played that one.

Football today. (Yesterday's two matches gave my ratings a boost). My ratings suggest Everton should be 5/4. However, given their lack of strikers and hopeless home record, I'd have pushed them out to 6/4 as well.

Portsmouth look more likely at 7/4 and better. I would have put this up as a bet in more normal times, and have dabbled (1% of fund as opposed to the usual 4%) a quarter of stake on the win and three quarters on +0.25, which, taken overall, doubles your money for a win and gets your entire stake back for a draw. The reduced stake may be the new way forward with this fund. (A reversion to an old approach in reality). I think I'm going to sit tight, and continue experimenting and meditating through to the Xmas and decide what to do come the new year.


Snippet of the day”
A fairytale finish down at Dean Court”
I agree with John. Darren Anderton always seemed like a decent bloke, and always looked completely at home in an England shirt.


1 comment:

  1. Extraordinary game at Goodison - Everton battered Villa 2-3!

    ReplyDelete