Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday 16th January

2009 Challenge Fund (£9055 – £300 in-play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

I keep leaking money on the horses and have to stop. The first two weeks of this fund have hardly been inspiring. I came back from a goodmeeting in London yesterday feeling good about money and plainly played far too loosely yesterday (incl barking bet) – a stupid waste.

Football – tonight and tomorrow.
£100 Northampton +0.5 at 1.75 or better. Bookies have this as thoughthe teams are the same ability, but my ratings have Northampton slightly better, and have done all season.

£100 C Palace -0.25 at 1.9+ against Ipswich – not far off the price my rating suggest they should be to win.

£100 Scunthorpe (again) split £35 win at 6/5 and £65 draw no bet at 8/13

£100 Wycombe beat Grimsby at 4/7



Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2805 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £310.

So much for being too cautious. I played the nov chase at Ludlow and didn't even include the second let alone the first. It was plainly a race with a surprising amount of depth, which I knew in the morning.

Catterick 2:45 – front two look playable.



.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Just in case you think your on your Jack Jones this last week I,m sure others like me look in everyday and dont post a comment! Self centred load of twats we are!!!Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:09 PM

    Planning to contribute my 10 cents worth to your blog most Saturdays as it becoming clear that this is the only time I can avoid work related activities during the day and “honey do” jobs in the evening.

    So from this Saturday and “ere in doors” permitting, I’ll add All Weather selections to the Tooting portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonah - ha yes - it's true there's always more posts when I'm doing well than when I'm floundering!!

    Look forward to it Toad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Toots have you any early thoughts on a festival antepost get rich quick exotic? I went down in the last in Catterick p/pot and i,d already banked the money in my head ....I feel like Ive lost 3.5 grand instead of the £36.00 perm!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:37 PM

    That was Jonah by the way ...Does your Mrs suffer when you do? I,m trying not to but it is hard to stay chirpy when that happens.I should go on the racing forum and throw some abuse about ,it seems the done thingon there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The humble placepot can be a real heartbreaker can't it - I feel for you mate.

    Frankly my wife is a saint! She has been known to send me upstairs for a lie-down and to come back a better person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about this Jonah - I won't put on main board

    Supreme Novices Eradicate 20/1
    Arkle Kalahari King 10/1
    World Hurdle Fair Along 16/1
    Gold Cup Star De Mohaison 25/1
    ew doubles and about 100000/1 acc!

    ReplyDelete