Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday 9th January

2009 Challenge Fund (£9780 – 1 bet in-play accounted)

I played the front three at Southwell in the end and nicked a tenner. Which I promptly gave to Toad's bookies! Looking forward to more.

I'll probably do a couple more football matches tomorrow but I think the 2/5 on Leicester may disappear today so I'll grab £100 whilst I can.

I may doodle about at Kelso, but will play Monfils to beat Roddick £100 at 4/5. Once players work out how to beat the declining, and one dimensional, Roddick they usually brush him aside. Monfils has won the last three between them and comes off a beating of Nadal. The main would be a mental let-down and that looks more than in the price.


Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2985 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £320.

Unlikely today.




.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Toots

    The selections come with a government health warning. As Cramer would say, both races are “lesser of evils”, nuff said

    Lingfield 12:30
    Lay Nickel Silver. Lots of pace in the race and he may find it difficult to hold a prominent position from stall 1

    Lingfield 2:00
    Ten Down and Drifting Gold @ 4/1 or better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Got any bacon to go with the egg on my face?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey 3/1 winner though - that would have been a profit on the day, if I hadn't only just seen them that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:23 PM

    and there was me thinking that its was the tooting quillions that punted his price from 5's to 3's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "must give up betting on tennis matches"
    "must give up betting on tennis matches"
    "must give up betting on tennis matches"
    "must give up betting on tennis matches"
    "must give up betting on tennis matches"
    etc

    ReplyDelete