Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday 28th January


2009 Challenge Fund (£8225)

This month's stake - £100

Ferdy Murphy seems to me to embody all that's wrong with racing. (Won't stop me backing his horses at Cheltenham though!).

Birmingham's price was interesting yesterday. Their form (and Derby's) seemed to be fully integrated into the morning prices, but they had drifted to an enormous 1.9 by the off. I need to try much harder to chase down these sort of drifts.

Everton have got their toughness back. 'Weddings and funerals' springs to mind but for tonight
£35 win at 2/1+
£65 draw no bet at 5/4+


Pullein has been doing draw/result on big four teams all season in the half-time/full-time markets; tonight looks likely to me, and I like virtually any football bet where you can get better odds with the bookies than betfair.
£100 Draw/Chelsea at 4/1

I'll also do a get rich quick golf darts throw after last week's lickle bite.
£10ew double Kaymer/Na
£5 ew double Jeev Singh/Na





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2405 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £250.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Toots- talking of Kaymer,do you know of a bookie's that is giving odds about getting in the next Ryder Cup team? I have a friend who works for the European Tour and he says Kaymer is nailed on....

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find any odds John - 1.1 I expect.

    Lesson in trading out tonight - Chelsea go 1-0 up after half-time and I save my stake for the cost of a tenner. Job done.

    Everton were 1:05 when Arsenal equalised - did I take mystake? No.

    Still, good night for once. Mustn't grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Toots ,you neck a bottle of plonk last night in celebration zzzzz?Jonah

    ReplyDelete