Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday 24th January

2009 Challenge Fund (£8420– £250 in-play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

I backed Verasi ew Thursday night in anticipation of bad ground at Doncaster. At least this morning there's a load of non runners, so four places is looking useful!

Since Thursday I've been seeing a treble in my mind's eye. The going isn't going to help and these near dream bets don't usually get very far – still :
£42 win treble Star De Mohaison/Fair Along/Verasi, and waste £8 on the scoop6

This morning I've added the following:
Edmo Yewkay/Kilcrea Asla £10ew double
Edmo Yewkay and Kilcrea Asla with Turpin Green 2 x £5ew doubles
and £5ew treble


(Turpin Green is a double squiggle but in bad ground and (fingers crossed) 8 runners, 100/1 is too long).

Football gave me Southend and Luton, but the former are in injury crisis and I've had enough of Luton!






Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2405 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £300.


.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Toots- Tuesday night is when to back Luton.They are playing the not so mighty Cherries and whoever loses is doomed to the Conference or in our case probably lower.Forget European matches,this is real pressure- lose and you are history!I am told Luton play 4 up front,so should be exciting...

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god I'd had enough of Luton.

    Home and hosed Tuesday John!

    If I'd escaped only dropping a ton on today's racing I'd be delighted. If...

    ReplyDelete