Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday 18th January


2009 Challenge Fund (£9010 – £300 in-play accounted)

This month's stake - £100

All football bets lose – including Scunthorpe in the last minute.Congratulations to Corals who went out on a limb over Wycombe, who (in my defence) Pullein also fell succour to. It was pretty disheartening after actually picking a decent horse for the first time in months, (and Alfie Flits). When the dust settled I was pretty much back where I started.

I want Murray to win in Australia and have been telling everyone for months he'll win there and/or US this year, but the price has long since gone. The woman's tournament is more open, and my old friend Jankovic has a pretty easy ride to the final. I wanted a bet on her to reach the final but odds aren't available right now. I've gone £50 ew at 13/2, and would take another £50 at 5/2ish if I could find it – the win element I'd either be looking to trade out or dutch later on, depending on the progress of Serena.

Spurs shouldn't be odds on this afternoon – not sure I can trust Portsmouth though, and yesterday's results have me running silent. Fulham prices look right.

I caught a highlights programmes of the Phillies knocking the Giants out of the Superbowl reckoning – they looked pretty impressive. A bad way to bet (one-eyed), but Arizona are supposedly one of the weakest sides defensively to ever progress this far. £100 at 1.55




Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2940 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £310.

Lucky I missed the novice chase (though did play it in the fund above). No obvious bet today.

I'm having trouble with my laptop. So if I disappear for a bit you'll know why.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment