Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday 20th February

2009 Challenge Fund (£9925 - £320 in play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

A day where decisions landed butter side up yesterday. I got a slice of the placepot only because I did a 10p saver perm which contained all 20 horses in the last race. I backed the draw in the cricket when it looked certain only for it to go right to the lightmeter. I also dodged a bullet in avoiding Stubbs Art. And in the barking fund I decided against Phil Taylor with the draw as a runner.

Today I'll play Sandown but not the placepot. One bet will be small doubles/treble the Mark Rimell runners.

So, let's put the weekend football up today.

John has given us the heads-up on Weymouth's problems – so we'll join in and back Rushden – and hopefully thank him later!

Ratings throws up two matches.
Leicester seem strangely long, and Ladbrokes are after them which is a worry, but I'll play, and this week I just can't neglect Luton against my favourite away side.
Leicester £40 win 6/5 and £60 draw no bet at 4/9ish
Luton £40 win at 2/1 and £60 draw at 11/10ish
Four fold Leicester/Luton/Liverpool/Everton £30 at 20/1ish
and I'll come back to the scousers on Sunday.

The draw system has started well. This week.
Bolton/Middlesborough/Nottingham Forest – each £30 draw and a £10 draw treble at 33/1ish.





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2555 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £250.

Will look closer at racing again later, but not looking likely.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Be careful with Everton this weekend - Steven Pienaar, Marouane Fellaini and Leon Osman, Tony Hibbitt and Tim Cahill all out.

    ReplyDelete