Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday 28th February

2009 Challenge Fund (£10335 - £680 in play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

Pepys Rock rescued me at Newbury yesterday, and I played France at half-time in the rugby. The half-time analysts seemed to be watching the game through a scarlet lens compared to how I'd seen it.

Football draws today – this works best with three matches – but I've ended up with four.
Morecambe v Wycombe
Hereford v Orient
MK Dons v Leicester
Middlesborough v Liverpool
4 x £30 draws and £10 acc at around 135/1


Racing – three nice looking chases today.

3:10 Newbury.
I'm all over Hobbs Hill to be honest. Old timers will remember that this horse was about our only bright spot of last year, and if you forgive him blowing up on his comeback run 10/1 looks far too long in a race with doubts about most the other runners as well. The Package may well be a Pipe plot, but he's also shoring up the prices of the rest of the field.

3:25 Doncaster
Another race with doubts about most of them. I'll play two against the field – Gungadu and Out The Black – who look too long in a race I could easily go 11/2 co faves six runners.


5:10 Doncaster
Quinn's stable has been quiet through the winter months, but that's because his horses are mainly good ground performers. Leslingtaylor ran a great race here against Tidal Bay and with the ground drying out could easily bounce back.

Hobbs Hill £75 at 10/1+
Out The Black £45 at 13/2+
Gungadu £30 at 10/1+
Leslingtaylor £50 at 8/1+
£30 treble Hobbs Hill/Out The Black/Leslingtaylor
£20 treble Hobbs Hill/Gungadu/Leslingtaylor



My two golfers are going well – which one will let us down and come 6th?!





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2055 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £250.

1 comment:

  1. A decent day, especially when I increased my stake on Leslingtaylor! 2 out of 3 in the treble again - it'll come.

    ReplyDelete