Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday 21st February

2009 Challenge Fund (£9925 - £320 in play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

Football advices posted yesterday. Thanks to ChrisK for the heads-up on Everton. And Slipperytoad is gallivanting around Brussels so no AW ratings today.

Racing – I'll play the Racing Post Chase but in truth there's nothing properly worth a bet on my tissue. However my three against the field:
Lacdoudal £25 ew at 14/1+ (one of my faves, showed signs of a recovery and well weighted if so)
Naccarat £30 at 10/1 (only distance doubts stop this looking a very big price)
Piraya £20 at 30/1+ (I'm sure Pipe thinks a lot of this one – getting expensive finding out though!)

I'll also play the placepot and my get rich quick ew doubles/treble this week are:
Aimigayle (not rated to win but tough and genuine) 16/1ish
Trenchant (decent effort last time and gets loads of weight in 8 horse race) 20/1ish
Lacdoudal (see above). 14/1ish





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2305 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

This week's stake - £250.

Quiver Hill blew another hole in the fund yesterday. Struggling.

7 comments:

  1. I see two bookmakers napped Rushden in the Post John, and that they're now Evens! I think I'll let it ride (though these big "gossip" gambles often go awry).

    Thanks for the tip either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM

    In retospect(too late for me!) there is no sign of the Cavalry-I mean Youth Team- so the first team could be planning one last hurrah! Better stick to Chester......

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd best turn it into a free bet then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4-0 at half-time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Thanks for horses.

    Had a bit of Nacarat. I translated your words into 'bet of the day'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top work John - 9-0 - just hope Stan James pay out now!

    Leicester/Luton/Nacarat and a small each way on Trenchant plus Middlesborough draw - a pleasing day - and now 4 successive winning Saturdays.

    The retro part-time gambler approach seems to be paying dividends. In fact it feels like old times with even Saturday Gambler backing a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Do not worry I am piling the winnings on Jennings to get past 9.5 rounds against Cotto tonight. So wil soon be burned.

    A romantics bet, but there is something about the way Cotto struggled against Mallinagi and got duffed up by a cheating Margherito, that makes me feel that a man on his bike could keep out of trouble. 11/4

    ReplyDelete