Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday 24th February

2009 Challenge Fund (£10545 - £415 in play accounted)
This month's stake - £100

Very small win on the placepot at Plumpton yesterday, and eventually put Wycombe in singles/treble with Man Utd and Chelsea (also to be draws), so that's going nicely.

I'll slightly compound that with £5 trebles and a fourfold all English clubs to draw in Champions League, though this system's great start has led to me seeing potential draws everywhere!

Today's placepot at Catterick looks hopeless, but in studying it I kept tripping over Campbell Gillies' name. So, I'll play him today instead, half the money in doubles and half covering singles, with La Donna Del Largo each way.

I have to update my ratings with the weekend's football results, but will come back later with a bet on the league matches tonight should I find one.




Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2305 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £250.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Toots- in the Barking section of your blog-have you made a decision not to do short priced tennis bets? I seem to remember you being successful for some time.
    I have tended to steer away from first round matches and then go in for second and third round "shorties". Like all systems they are good at the beginning.....

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I did 181 barking bets on tennis matches. 149 wins - 82%. But only 96% returns.

    The fund was primarily set up for these tennis bets. But to be honest the amount of tanking/injuries was just silly.

    I haven't given up but am more circumspect.

    Also, the barking bets do seem to work best in "dutching" scenarios, where you're not reliant on one athlete/horse/dog, and so I have tended to look that way lately.

    I think the fund will grow slowly this year as I feel may way with it - I've already decided to take no more dividends out of it this year and just try to grow it to 10K, and then see. I have a long way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No league football bets tonight.

    ReplyDelete