Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19th Royal Ascot and £500 Challenge

Ascot 3:05
Miss Andretti 4/1
Takeover Target 11/2
Benbaun 16/1
Bentleys Biscuit 16/1
Dandy Man 16/1
Desert Lord 16/1
Magnus 16/1
Moss Vale 16/1
Pivotal Point 16/1
Tax Free 16/1
Beauty is Truth 16/1
Enticing 16/1

Unconvincing tissue, but let's face it our lot are all much of a muchness. Whichever one gets conditions and pace to suit can outperform. The Aussies have this at their mercy. Takeover Target already has the T-shirt but by all accounts can't live with Miss Andretti. We'll see. This looks too short for Bentley's Biscuit with no obvious blitzkrieg pace to bring the pacesetters back. For a tickle how about Pivotal Point to repeat last year's placing at around 12/1 or better.


Ascot 3:45
Cockney Rebel 5/4
Dutch Art 7/2
Excellent Art 7/1
Astronomer Royal 12/1
Creachadoir 16/1

Cockney Rebel owes me nothing. All the talk of Dutch Art being unlucky in the Guineas may just provide a decent price on the actual winner, and that'll do for me.


Ascot 4:20
George Washington 6/4
Cesare 4/1
Red Evie 9/2
Ramonti 7/1
Jeremy 20/1

I've been following Cesare a while now and have had this in mind as the big step-up. George Washington is one I'm prepared to take on. I'd just play Cesare each way at great odds in a dead eight field, but Red Evie muddies the waters, not least Jamie Spencer's loyalty. I'll play both in my racing fund but do Cesare each way in the challenge.


£500 Challenge
Cesare £7.50 ew at 5/1

Running Total
£615.74

1 comment:

  1. Really bad start to Ascot for me. Quite apart from Cockney Rebel, who looked to be hurting to me, and getting GW beat but losing, the other eaces did me in. The only bright spot was a saver on Excellent Art on the big drift.

    It's always tough when you these festivals feel like they're getting away from you, and for me the races didn't feel right today - something wrong with the ground perhaps.

    Still, 24 races to go.

    ReplyDelete