Saturday, June 09, 2007

Racing Saturday 10th June and £500 Challenge

Haydock 2:35
No tissue - River Alhaarth actually the only horse I short-listed, plus half-eyed looks at Kashtari and Winged D'argent. I'll back River Alhaarth at 2s and probably "save" on those two at 25/1 plus.


Haydock 3:10
Again no tissue - but can't really see beyond Paradise Isle here and 15/8 is perfectly fair.


Haydock 4:10
Genari 7/2
Prince Evelith 7/2
Lazy Darren 7/2
Harare 9/1

Tight little handicap. Genari's return to form may be overstated, Prince Evelith is first time out Lazy Darren a three year old, and Harare possibly ungenuine. And those are the ones on the shortlist! I'll play the prices early with Lazy Darren backable at 9/2.


Goodwood 2:20
Cape 4/1
Utmost Respect 13/2
Bentong 10/1
Greenslades 10/1
Viking Spirit 10/1

The two unexposed, first time out, horses head the market and make it no-bet sort of race.


Goodwood 2:50
Munsef Evens
Summers Eve 4/1
Akarem 5/1
High Heel Sneakers 6/1

Corals very short on Munsef but I can't help but want to oppose him at odds-on - not least in first time blinkers. He's probably a straight lay but my eye keeps getting drawn to the lowest rated, Summers Eve so she'll carry the money.


Goodwood 3:25
Army of Angels 9/4
Supersonic Dave 3/1
Nayyir 6/1
Dunelight 6/1
Vanderlin 6/1

Worried about ground for Army. That was a good performance from Supersonic Dave behind Lucarno but you have to worry about the trainerform, and there are three others who could spoil the party. Usually a race I'd like to get stuck into, I'm left watching so far.


Musslburgh 3:15
Alfie Flits Evens
Balkan Knight 7/4
Golden Quest 9/1

Strange race - both the front two are going to be very vulnerable if there is no pace as looks likely. Hard to make a case for any of the others to benefit though. No bet.


Musselburgh 3:45
The Tatling 8/1
Bond City 12/1
Celtic Mill 12/1
River Falcon 12/1
Magic Glade 12/1
handsome Cross 12/1
Bluebok 12/1
Aegean dancer 12/1

You can see from my tissue how open this is. I'll probably play some of the 12/1 shots at 20/1+ and hope. Plus a play on a Bradley 1,2.


Windsor 4:05
Gulf Express 5/4
Cool Box 9/2
Humungous 11/1
Wavertree Warrior 11/1

Looks a match. I couldn't help but notice Cool Box was fave last time they met. I don't think he should be frightened to re-oppose and given the prices I feel compelled to back Cool Box. If I could get a decent bet on each way at 6s I would.


£500 Challenge
It's a strange day. Poorish racing and I have a few I can back but not ones I'd want to thump out the ground. The challenge has had a very quiet week so my idea is to "press up" on the five horses I've backed this morning in doubles and accumulator for the equivalent of one bet. There's every chance of a blank day though.

Hay 2:35 River Alhaarth
Gdwd 2:50 Summers Eve
Hay 3:10 Paradise Isle
Wind 4:05 Cool Box
Hay 4:10 Lazy Darren
10 x £1.40 win doubles
1x£1 accumulator


Running total
£675.74

1 comment:

  1. That was a horror show and the worst thing is I was half expecting it. I hate this "down" Saturdays between big meetings.

    And the Haydock going looked a disgrace.

    Off for a lie-down and a sulk!

    ReplyDelete