Saturday, June 30, 2007

Racing - June 30th

The last day of my own particular Junus Horribilis. Let's hope for a drier and more profitable July!

Still no tissues - sorry, but thoughts as follows on what looks a very difficult day.

Newc 2:10
Not sure exactly why Rising Shadow is such a strong favourite. It's between the three but I'll take him on with the other two - Sierra Vista (to make all) or Hoh Mike (if he gets through).

Newc 2:45
Fullandby solid but short - I'll oppose with Zomerlust and Turnkey (both of whom look well suited by conditions)

Newc 3:20
Juniper Girl does look well suited to this but again can afford to miss at t he price. Macorville would be a tentative selection in a tricky race.


Newmarket 3:00
Munsef very short but I'll keep him on-side given that I don't like the main challengers either. If there is one to spoil the party it could be Under The Rainbow.

To put this all in context not one race came remotely close to being considered for the £500 challenge, and I will be braving the continiung rain to enjoy Shifnal carnival instead of watching the racing in my hotel room without access to internet. The floats should be perfectly named this year at least.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Gary, hope you missed the rain which is coming down in the midlands as we speak. I feel very sorry for those whose houses were flooded and mother nature is not being good with even more rain..

    majid

    ReplyDelete