Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thurs June 7th - Racing

Haydock 4:25
Soldiers Tale Evens
Early March 7/1
New Seeker 7/1
Jedburgh 11/1
Quito 20/1
Suggestive 20/1

Looks like Soldiers Tale only problem will be the going. Early March could have been credible but is weak to dead this morning, so I guess needs the run. New Seeker needs to grab the rail and get a soft lead, both of which look highly unlikely and the rest need to find form from somewhere. I think I'll take an early saver on Early March and then hope for a ground-based drift on Soldiers Tale late on.


Sandown 7:55
Hassaad 2/1
Full Victory 6/1
Killena Boy 9/1
The Snatcher 20/1
General Knowledge 20/1

Looks pretty easy for Hassaad to atone for Zetland screw-up on his way to the Hunt Cup. He's no price though in a 15 runner handicap, no matter how uncompetitive I have it. I'm a bigger fan of Richard Hills than most but even I can see him getting into trouble again here. If it does all go wrong the two recent course winners could be the ones to take advantage. A watching brief for me.


£500 Challenge
Federer and Nadal are through to the semis and long 0dds-on each to reach the final. If you wanted to protect your winnings you could take out a little insurance by backing their opponents in the semis. £2 Davydenko at 6/1 and £1.50 Djokovic at 9/1 would change your 6/5 bet into (broadly) a freeish bet at Evens. I've done this personally - but for challenge purposes will count the bet as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment