Monday, June 04, 2007

Racing - Monday 4th June

Windsor 8:00
Borderlescott 13/8
Baltic King 9/2
Bygone Days 7/1
Assertive 7/1
Balthazars Gift 10/1
Fayr Jag 16/1

It's not exactly original but Borderlescott looks rock solid here. All being well he could get a soft lead, judged perfectly by Seb Sanders and have too much late on for horses with doubts about them. Bygone Days has to carry a penalty on ground quick enough for him; Assertive probably better at 7f or a stiffer 6f; Baltic King likes the course and has won this race but needs a fast pace and that looks unlikely; and Balthazar's Gift would need to show some form though I can see him spoiling the party. I'm hoping for 7/4. (That's actually available now with Betfred but he doesn't let me play!)

Very close to a £500 challenge bet, but as the price isn't available we'll have to skip.

1 comment:

  1. Given that I don't back in gutter races it's been a while since I've had a bad feeling about any race I've backed in. Bad feelings about certain numpty jockeys and pockets speaking for sure, but the races themselevs have been straight.

    I didn't think this was very kosher though to be honest. Granting a soft lead to Assertive of all horses, who had been backed all day, stank to be honest. I can only imagine this was a prep for Borderlescott for Ascot, and one some selective group of insiders took advantage of.

    The reason I avoid the poor racing, apart from the form being indecipherable, is that a run of races that you perceive to be dodgy for whatever reason play havoc with your race reading and end up putting you on tilt.

    The race this most clearly reminded me of is one Cortachy Castle ran under Pat Eddery at Sandown one night many years ago. When he won as he liked next time out at 12/1 on Eclipse day kicking off the biggest treble I've ever had I had my revenge.

    I'm expecting the same!

    ReplyDelete