Friday, June 01, 2007

Racing June 1st - and £500 Challenge

Epsom 1:40
Echelon 3/1
Nannina 3/1
Bahia Breeze 4/1
Puggy 9/1
Harvest Dream 11/1
Apply Dapply 12/1
Edaara 20/1

Not exactly in love with my tissue here. The going will decide Nannina's price and some of the others look distinctly dodgy. Still it has drawn me into a bet on a 75 rated filly - probably because I rather like the name (there was a golfer by the name of Brandell Chamblee who cost me a fortune over the years but I did enjoy saying his name out loud over and over whilst searching for his name amongst those who had missed the cut again). Apply Dapply ew at 50/1


Epsom 2:10
Ordnance Row 5/1
Rio Riva 7/1
Unshakable 7/1
Plum Pudding 11/1
Prince of Thebes 16/1
Wavertree Warrior 16/1
Montepellier 16/1
Futures Dream 16/1
Rain Stops Play 16/1

I've backed Rio Riva the last twice so I guess today's going to be the day. Looks tricky to me and just the sort of race I'm avoiding with some success so far this season.


Epsom 2:45
Stotsfold 9/2
Forroger 9/2
Tabadul 6/1
Lake Poet 7/1
John Terry 11/1

Not much strength in depth here. Stotsfold will need to settle better than at Chester and Forroger is well up in class. There's doubts about both Tabadul and Lake Poet but they both ran really well over course last time. Here Lake Poet could steal a race with no obvious pace and Tabadul has a better draw this time. I think I'll take them both against the faves and throw in a hopeful forecast as well.


Epsom 3:25
Sixties Icon 6/4
Septimus 4/1
Sir Percy 4/1
Scorpion 10/1
Maraahel 10/1

I think Sixties Icon is solid here and am happy to back him at 13/8. At 7/4 he would have made it into the £500 Challenge. I'm not at all keen on Sir Percy or Scorpion and have Septimus as the most likely spoiler.


Epsom 4:05
Passage of Time 9/4
Four Sins 5/1
Dalvina 9/1
Light Shift 9/1
All My Loving 11/1
Measured Tempo 12/1
Kayah 20/1
Dance of Light 25/1

Passage of Time does have one drawback - Dickie Hughes. That apart, Four Sins has been building up in my hopes for a while now. I'm on at 25s (which is better than my Dalvina ante post punt at umm 7s!), and have gone in again at 8s, as well as in each way doubles with Archipenko. So it's probably a one-eyed tissue, but as long as the ground is no worse than good to soft, I'm prety hopeful. She's the obvious one for the £500 Challenge, and each way would suit that fund's objectives nicely.


£500 Challenge
Four Sins £7.50 ew at 8/1

Running Total
£672.74

1 comment:

  1. The fate of all ew horses and a fair fourth.

    Shame I added a drifting Sixties Icon to my own press-up fund.

    At least Lake Poet left us safe on the day.

    ReplyDelete