Sunday, April 27, 2008

Harry Findlay's Barking Bets

Here's my new “research project”.


Harry's always telling us that we shouldn't be afraid to take the short ones. And indeed the changing betting environment has been attracting me to odds on chances, and dutched books. As regulars know they are the mainstay of the successful daily challenge.


Harry means the really short ones though. Let's see. We'll keep staking safe as always, but for a change I am perfectly prepared to bust this bank. We will try to bank some profits and put in place progressive staking, but that also means we will almost certainly hit the buffers somewhere down the line. I'll do it to my real stakes, (as opposed to the daily challenge which I do for considerably more).


As soon as we bust the bank I'll pack the blog up.



Rules:

Starting bank £1000 (multiply by at least 100 to get the Findlay vibe going!)

Stake £100 per bet for first week.

At end of each week Bank half of any profits and re-base stake to 10% of remaining bank.

If bank falls below £1000 bet sticks at £100

All bets must be a maximum price of 1.66

Betting exchanges to be used for all bets (Harry can't get on anywhere else remember).


I'm not claiming any insight into Harry's own bets. I haven't his skill, cojones, experts or contacts.



Today I can't find much and against my better judgement will start with horses.


Today's “barking bet”.

Navan 4:30

Dutch Yeats and Red Moloney £100 at 1.2

2 comments:

  1. Has it been a year already? Just popped in after a break from the web re-design of slipperytoad.

    Coming to the conclusion like you that sometimes is pays to go with the market given its sophistication in all manners related to assessing chances to contenders.

    Like yourself I’m taking the opportunity to reinvent myself will be waiting for those opportunities instead of trying to carve a work of art from granite.

    Not sure I’m ready to back the “short ones” but I’m, heading in that direction if theirs profit.

    New web site launches on the 1st may. Take a peek then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers toad - will do.

    Started with a win anyway - I probably need a 75% minimum strike rate to make this work so just as well!

    ReplyDelete