Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday 12th April

Masters Watch: Not looking great. Woods needs some weather. Our “subs” are struggling. I discovered a note I'd made about Justin Rose. ('One to back in the majors for leader after the first round'). Shame I hadn't remembered that!

A very difficult day today. It's one of the poorest Saturday racing days of the year, and ground conditions must be open to change as well. The novice chases both have long odds on favourites I wouldn't want to back at the prices, nor oppose. Kempton's races do have each way possibilities and overall I think I'll play Once Upon A Grace and Blythe Knight (Doncaster) in an each way double. The faves look too short in both races.


Football also tricky. Everton look big at 6/4 but I've stopped backing them with Cahill out. Portsmouth are backable, but with a Cup final on their minds and a resurgent Newcastle, it's not hard to see why bookies are laying them. Oldham and Swansea also make it as value on my ratings but I'm happy to overlook.


Which leaves Crystal Palace as the rather unadventurous Saturday pick. They've been in the challenge before, winning and losing, so we know what we're getting. They should be 1.5 at best in my book but I think I'll keep 0-0 onside.


£500 Challenge

Crystal Palace £20 at 1.6

0-0 Draw £2 at 12/1

No comments:

Post a Comment