Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday 5th April

Today I'm stopping myself from backing old favourites Kruguyrova, Osana and Dream Alliance, though I have covered the treble just in case!



The National is what I'm left with. I have a big ante post book and I'd be happy with it if I had taken the 25/1 Cloudy Lane, but that looks an omission at the moment. Looking for anything that appeals this morning hasn't been easy, but here's the tissue and then my rather more obscure choices.


National

Cloudy Lane 9/1

Comply or Die 11/1

Simon 12/1

Hedgehunter 20/1

Mr Pointment 20/1

Slim Pickings 20/1

Chelsea Harbour 20/1

Snowy Morning 20/1

Bewleys Berry 20/1

Point Barrow 20/1

KingJohns Castle 25/1

Mon Mome 25/1

Turko 33/1

Madison Du Berlais 33/1

Butlers Cabin 33/1

McKelvey 33/1

Dargent 33/1

Dun Doire 33/1

Knowhere 50/1

Backbeat 50/1

Idle Talk 50/1

Black Appalachi 50/1


Overall, I'm inclined to think the topweights are increasingly favoured and the market is possibly working to old trends. I said the same last year and was hopelessly wrong. Still, this morning I'm inclined to start there and add some place type bets to my portfolio.


Corals are doing a foreign race, and a British race market and, despite the overrounds (!), I like both of these. Hedgehunter is 15/2 in their foreign market and that looks too long. In the British market I keep looking at Madison Du Berlais who is at the same price as I have him in the overall market. Then, in the place market Knowhere looks too long, as does Mon Mome.




£500 Challenge

Hedgehunter – Irish race £5ew at 15/2

Madison Du Berlais – home race - £2.50ew at 33/1

Hedgehunter place £2 at 4/1

Mon Mome place £2 at 15/2 (7 ok)

Knowhere place £1 at 18/1 (16 ok)

No comments:

Post a Comment