Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Weds 9th April

Here's a story for the collection.


You know that big football double I have going? MK Dons and Swansea. I've been hedging against it for the last few weeks and last night it crept closer to fulfilment. I'd say it's around a 2/1 on chance now.


It's part of a portfolio three of us set up every year at the start of the season. We usually do hundreds of small bets – trebles mainly, with some bigger doubles on the selections we all fancy. It provides a lot of interest over the season. “This year Anne, I'm mostly supporting MK Dons”. This year we only did 97 bets.


I know this because we have them all on a spreadsheet and I just checked. Last night I did some checking as well. I went and actually checked on the bet on the online account where the spreadsheet tells me I placed around half the bets. I'm not sure why I checked; it was an online version of when I used to get the ante post vouchers out of their wallet close to Cheltenham, in anticipation. And with a similar outcome.


The double I've been hedging against, and dreaming of, doesn't exist. It should of course. Except I seem to have placed a double on Southampton/MK Dons twice instead.


My friends have taken this news better than me. This is entirely my own fault. But I feel sick that the one idiotic mistake I make in placing 97 bets is on the winning ticket (potentially).


I am currently Carlisle's biggest fan.


And very possibly about to go on tilt. So I probably shouldn't do a challenge bet, but of course, being so close to tilt – will!


Stockport should have no problems tonight – they've scored in every home game this season and not conceded in their last five matches. On my ratings they are 1/3 to win tonight – 2/1 on is probably the right price.



£500 Challenge

Stockport £20 win at 4/7

No comments:

Post a Comment