Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday 6th April

I'm glad to see the back of Aintree. With each year that passes with this as a job rather than a hobby the more I hanker for quieter days, and uncompetitive events. Cheltenham is different because it's so tied up in ante post activity. I'm thinking perhaps I ought to treat Aintree differently next year – as an annual holiday. It's always close to my birthday (on which I can't remember ever waking up to inches of snow before), and the National itself is very much wound up in my childhood.


Anyway, a complete change today and we enter the world of club rugby, something I can't pretend to know anything about. I have been given a heads up on this though – the Ospreys (or as I'm told - effectively the Welsh international side), against Saracens. The betting (I'm told) is based on a comprehensive thrashing last time and a full set of players. Most bookies are ducking this. 4/9 in places and 1.5 betfair. The 8/13 is gone but 4/7 looks worth taking.


The football has a tricky feel to it. I could have taken 1.25 Everton, but for them looking legless and lost without Cahill. I could even have taken Derby not to lose by two or more, but can't bring myself to. Man Utd are up against a team who outperform against the big sides, and the cup semi-final is fairly priced..


Besides, a change seemed as good as a rest.



£500 Challenge

Ospreys £20 win at 4/7


1 comment:

  1. That's my rugby man sacked as soon as he's started. Needed that like a hole in the head!

    ReplyDelete