Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday 14th December


A decent card at Cheltenham today and I find myself without a stand-out bet. I turn out to be with Pricewise in liking Blue Splash and Principe Azzurro in their race. (The latter has been in and out of my imaginary stable for over a season now).


That's true of All in the Stars of course, one of my favourite horses (and of yours too if you were with me at Escorial's the day he was the last leg of my 1000/1 treble!) I don't suppose the merry-go-round could reawaken interest today could it – they should go slow enough early on for him to get going. I will of course throw a few pointless nostalgic pounds at the old slowboat at these prices! In fact I couldn't resist a 5000/1 treble with Milord Lescriba and Principe Azzuro...


The other two that are attracting me are Nicholls runners – always difficult to ignore, but devilishly difficult to profit from these days.


I priced Ornais up at 2/1 against Imperial Commander, and priced up I'msingingtheblues as 13/8 joint favourite with Snap Tie. I was pondering which one to put up for the challenge, and in the end decided split stakes may as well be the order of the day (quite rightly not an approach recommended by the purists).



£500 Challenge
Ornais £8 win at 9/4+
Imsingingtheblues £8 win at 15/8



1 comment: