Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thursday 6th December

There are a few races that interest me today but finding one for the challenge isn't going so well. Instead let's head for the big boxing bout.


This is a no brainer. Mayweather can be backed at 1.6 on betfair, as a good old fashioned patriotic punt gathers pace on Hatton. As someone who'll be tucked up in bed when this fight takes place I have no emotional stake in the outcome, and can bet on there being another plucky British loser entered into the hall of fame come Sunday.


2/1 on is probably the longest Mayweather should be and that'll do for me. It's not inconceivable he'll drift even more – to 4/6 say, when I may have to have another lick of the spoon.



£500 Challenge
Mayweather bt Hatton £15 at 1.6+


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    I cant have this guy odds on .I have watched the build up (hype) and I know we have a long line of fighters going over with lofty expectations only to return second best.This one is different! Hatton believes he will win, and so do I!If ever a sport needed a Champion like Hatton boxing does, as a role model and as a genuine man who stays clear of all the B***S*** .Not only will he win but I M O win comfortably...anyways one of us will be smiling Sunday morning...//Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Think you may be right on the price Tooting.

    As someone who started to follow Ricky Hatton's career, back when he was still fighting guys like Eammon Magee, I really hope he prevails.

    But I think the hand speed and lateral movement of Mayweather may just be too much for Hatton.

    I will not bet on it, because unlike the pros I cannot remove sentiment from betting on Boxing. But if I were, I would take Mayweather to win on points and maybe a side bet on a stoppage between 10 and 12 (not a knockout, but Hatton exhausted).

    Again I truly hope I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any thoughts on the fight guys - I slept soundly through it!

    I have a feeling Paula Radcliffe could sneak into third place in Sports Personality now, with the boxing vote split!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Ref didnt help by constantly stepping in and not allowing Hatton to get inside .Best man won though no doubt and now the price looks generous ,unfortunatly the better role model followed a long line of "plucky British losers into the hall of fame" as you rightly predicted...Jonah

    ReplyDelete