Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday 29th December

The novice chases look tricky today. I'll probably side with the Nicholls' horses at Newbury but the prices aren't overly attractive. Mughas looks opposable at Bangor but I can't find a decent bet against him. Watching brief for now.


In the 3:10 Newbury I have Mighty Moose and Alfadora both in at 9/2. This relies on forgiving them their poor last runs and believing Nougat De Lisle to be far too short. I'll play both and probably the forecast as well.


However, the best bet of the day appears to be in the big race at Leopardstown. Jazz Messenger is 7/4 in my book to prove he is simply a much improved horse this year. He beat most of these fair and square last time and the new opponents here, Al Eile and Hardy Eustace, aren't improving and better over further. The form of the stable over Christmas is a tad worrying but may help the price.


Football. Falkirk look big at 6/4 to beat a side below them in the table, but Scottish football is hardly my thing so I'll concentrate on the chances of Charlton. Taking them on the asians (-0.25) matches my win price for them, and they'll make up a double-headed challenge package.



£500 Challenge
Jazz Messenger £15 win at 9/4
Charlton beat Leicester £15 at 11/8 on Asians (-0.25)

1 comment:

  1. Not a good day I'm afraid. At least Charlton rescued us half our stake (and Falkirk won!).

    Racing fund back in the doldrums. Impressed with Khyber Kim and Celestial Halo today - in poor ground.

    ReplyDelete