Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday 15th December

Let's hope for a better day today!


Cheltenham 12:55
Maljimar 5/1
Otoole 5/1
Tramantano 6/1
Crozan 7/1
Saintsaire 7/1
All Star 9/1


Maljimar (flat track), Crozan (best fresh) and Saintsaire (flattered newbury) make the market for something. So, I'll play Tramantano and O'Toole against them.



Cheltenham 2:40
Il duce 8/1
New Alco 8/1
Faasel 8/1
New Little Bric 8/1
Abragante 8/1
Knowhere 9/1
Palarshan 12/1
Idole First 20/1
Patman Du Charmil 20/1
Black Hills 25/1


Funny race really. It seems being part of Nicholls' stable has had its effect on New Little Bric's price, but most the others have their share of doubts. Knowhere needs to keep his form and first time blinkers isn't usually a positiive in my book. On the other hand he really does fly up this hill based on his last two runs and 20+ looks too long. More likely a place price of 4/1 or better.

I've never been impressed by Faasel's jumping but again 14s is longer than I would have expected.



Cheltenham 3:10
Sublimity 7/2
Katchit 5/1
Macs Joy 5/1
Afsoun 6/1
Osana 6/1
Desert Quest 9/1
Straw Bear 11/1


With no outstanding horse on show this looks tighter than the market suggests. I've been a fan of Osana from the start (and all the poorer for it). This is his (last) chance to step up as a legitimate contender.



Lingfield 2:30
Labelthou 2/1
Michael Muck 7/2
Old Benny 4/1
Verasi 4/1


I know it was only a two runner race but Labelthou didn't look to me like she is going to take to this game. The longer they take to go chasing the less reluctant they seem to be to arch their backs in the way necessary to make the switch successfully. Michael Muck has a penalty. Verasi blundered away his chance of winning for the challenge midweek, but had done little wrong to that point and this ground will suit (left handed I'm not so sure about). Old Benny is highly regarded and although I don't like betting horses on their first attempt Alan King's stats on turning his highly-rated hurdlers into chasers on their first attempt is very good. I'll dutch the two at 5/1 each or better.



Football.

Portsmouth remain under-rated and Spurs remain overrated. My ratings suggest 5/4 Portsmouth is well worth taking.


Blackburn have probably been eased a bit too much on the back of a few poor results, and Wigan tightened up on the back of Bruce's appointment. I'm happy to ignore both, which makes 11/8 Blackburn a very nice price.


Chesterfield have the away form and whilst I don't usually follow what are usually short-term anomalies, they also have in their favour the fact Accrington are pooh. 6/4 is too long.



£500 Challenge

A lot to choose from – I'm bound to choose wrong! Football has been much better this year than racing so I probably ought to stick with that, but I think the people who look in are much more racing folk, so let's see if this is the day Osana steps up to the plate.


Osana £7.50 ew at 9/1













2 comments:

  1. That was a better day. Shame I didn't do the treble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The football bets on the other hand I can only apologise for...

    ReplyDelete