Sunday, May 06, 2007

Horse Racing 6th May and £500 challenge

Newmarket 1:55
Pinpoint 9/2
Charlie cool 6/1
Dansili Dancer 6/1
Royal Oath 6/1
Ace of Hearts 20/1
Supaseus 20/1
Night Crescendo 20/1

The front four all look solid and my prices have them all essentially backable. I think if playing early the 8s available on Charlie Cool and Dansili Dancer are worth taking. The latter looks to have a good draw - most the big runners are trapped wide, especially Royal Oath.


Newmarket 2:30
Sixties Icon 2/1
Papal Bull 5/2
Lindas Lad 9/2
Admirals Cruise 7/1
Mighty 10/1

A head-scratcher of a tissue. The bookie prices must include a lot of "readiness" info to my mind and I'm cautious of swimming against it. However, at the prices I will play. Sixties Icon should be favourite for me, despite trip and going. I'll admit I don't like playing group 1 horses in lower group races though. Lindas Lad was all the rage a year ago, and interesting to see her sent here. I've played the two of them and assuming Icon drifts I'll be suckered into playing again.


Newmarket 3:10
Finsceal Beo 7/4
Arch Swing 12/1
Indian Ink 12/1
Miss Beatrix 12/1
Theann 12/1
Treat 12/1
Yaqeen 12/1
Simply Perfect 16/1
Scarlet Runner 25/1
Selinka 25/1

I have Finsceal Beo at 10s (nice) and Arch Swing at 20s (not so nice), so can afford to play on the favourite failing. Instead of laying off part of the bet I'm happy to seek out a few big prices in case of another upset. I've added Theann and Treat to the portfolio, and played at huge prices on no-hopers Vital Statistics and Darfonah. However, I do think Selinka is worth a mention. You can get 125/1 ew guaranteed 1,2,3,4 and that looks worth a go.


Newmarket 3:45
Tax Free 6/4
Biniou 6/1
Presto Shinko 10/1
Peace Offering 10/1
Paradise Isle 10/1

This looks straightforward for Tax Free. I'm surprised at his weakness this morning. Biniou could be an improver this year - weak this morning, and Nicholls throws his usual curve ball with Peace Offering. I can't get excited about any others in the conditions. Backing any Nicholls runner troubles me, favourites especially so, but here goes anyway.


£500 challenge

2:30 Newmarket
£6 Sixties Icon at 5/2 or better
£6 Lindas Lad at 7/1 or better
25p rev fc

3:45 Newmarket
£12.50 win Tax Free at 15/8 or bigger

1 comment:

  1. A decent day - the less said about Leicester however!

    ReplyDelete