Friday, May 04, 2007

Racing - 4th May

No early price bets today. I may play the three races below. When I say "play the race" - I mean take a few horses against the field - to 0.5% of my fund in total - looking for a high strike rate, low return.


Lingfield 4:00
Tabadul 4/1
Queens Best 4/1
Orchard Supreme 5/1
Ofaraby 9/1
Best Prospect 9/1
Tiger Tiger 11/1

I guess the front two may well be better than these, but as Lingfield debutants you'd be hard-pressed to back them today at the prices. Orchard Supreme is of course a favourite of mine, which explains the price, but distance and wellbeing remain doubts. Ofaraby may be too long based on the received wisdom that he needs his first run. I'll sit and wait and could play the race based around getting the front two beaten at combined odds on.


Musselburgh 3:50
Fire Up The Band 4/1
The Tatling 4/1
Terentia 4/1
Merlins Dancer 4/1
River Falcon 7/1
Tournedos 20/1

A sketchy tissue. Four Nicholls runners, and front running sorts on the whole. Assuming they'll be sensible, The Tatling could struggle to pick them off. I have never got a hold on Nicholls' runners to be honest so the race doesn't particularly appeal, despite Fire up the Band and Merlins Dancer looking backable on my figures.


Musselburgh 4:50
Imperial Echo 6/1
Flying Bantam 7/1
Royal Dignitary 12/1
Fremen 12/1
King Harson 16/1
Stonehaugh 16/1

Hopeless race. These northern handicaps have always mocked me and I'm only 50% on finding the winner with these 6. Flying Bantam does interest me at bottomweight, but again a watching brief.


£500 challenge - sadly no bet today on a disappointing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment