Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Racing - Tues 29th May

Sandown, of course, used to be my local track. I haven't missed much about leaving London so far, but it would be good to be there tonight.

Sandown 6:40
Queens Best 5/2
Ace of Hearts 4/1
Killena Boy 5/1
Presumptive 6/1
Adventuress 7/1
Invention 20/1

Need to be careful about non runners and the exact going. The going is a worry for Ace of Hearts, plus his long losing run. That said he's dropped to a very tempting mark and a smaller field should be the making of him. I was hoping for some each way action tonight, but non runners have scuppered that. Watching brief.


Sandown 7:15
Charlie Farnsbarns 1/2
Fishforcompliments 8/1
Jo'Burg 8/1
Massive 8/1

A penalty kick. Not particularly a betting proposition unless there's some drift though.


Sandown 7:50
Mount Kilimanjaro 9/4
Tungsten Strike 9/4
Balkan Knight 9/1
Allegretto 9/1
Under the Rainbow 9/1
Bulwark 20/1
Land N Stars 20/1

Plenty will read Mount Kilimanjaro's win last time as a weak one off a slow pace. Maybe, but I'd be as happy to see the horse as a typical Dunlop improver for a trip. Most the others are completely exposed and it comes down to conditions and whether they are on going days. I'm happy to bet Mount Kilimanjaro against them.

1 comment:

  1. A good day for the tissues. Although I ended up backing the ones I fancied, I also managed to throw a few bob on the big drifters against my tissue - which included Massive and Allegretto.

    Riding a wave of luck at the moment truth be told, but I can easily rationalise it as genius!

    ReplyDelete