Saturday, May 05, 2007

Racing - Newmarket 5th May and £500 challenge

Newmarket 2:45
Echelon 4/5
Abisheka 4/1

The Racing Post suggests Echelon won't stay the extra furlong. Possibly, but for me she simply outclasses this lot. 4/5 is fair - should she drift closer to Evens I'd dive in.


Newmarket 3:25
Adagio 7/2
Diamond Tycoon 6/1
US ranger 6/1
Haatef 9/1
Major Cadeaux 9/1
Strategic Prince 9/1
Tobosa 25/1
Duke of Marmalade 33/1
Dutch Art 33/1

Cracking renewal. I've got my front two tucked away ante post, and still see them as the likeliest. Some believe being drawn low will be a disadvantage, but if Diamond Tycoon and Major Cadeaux run like last time, there should be plenty of pace there to tow Adagio through. Front running is probably a disadvantage though, and the big field is likely to try the stamina of Haatef and others. US Ranger is the big unknown, and I have a sneaky feeling for Tobosa making the frame (you can get first 4 if you shop around).


Newmarket 4:00
Bentong 16/1
Mutamared 16/1
Wyatt Earp 16/1
Fantasy Believer 25/1
Grantley Adams 25/1
Meccas mate 25/1
Skhilling Spirit 25/1
Burning Incense 25/1
Dark Missile 25/1
Fullandby 25/1
beaver patrol 25/1
Fictional 33/1
Charles Darwin 33/1

The sort of hopelessly competitive race I'm trying to wean myself off. Again I suspect draw theorists will be plumping high. I'll wait until after the Guineas, but looking at the pace I think I'd favour low and my tissue slightly reflects that. Nothing doing at the moment.


Goodwood 2:30
Bluebok 3/1
Peopleton Brook 6/1
Golden dixie 11/1
Pic Up Sticks 11/1

I really like the chances of Bluebok here. The draw not ideal but there's no obvious pace so he should be able to track across Ok. Peopleton Brook would be the danger to repeat last year. I'll back them both.


Thirsk 3:00
Minority report 9/2
Flipando 11/2
Bustan 7/1
My Paris 20/1

The front three will be in my life-changing Scoop6 ticket! Not sure if I'll bet the race though.


£500 Challenge
£12.50 win Echelon 4/5 or better
£12.50 win Bluebok 7/2 or better

1 comment:

  1. Not my finest guineas that's for sure and a frustrating day with Bluebok, Mutamared, Grantley Adams and Bustan all running well but costing some.

    At least Echelon kept the £500 challenge ticking over.

    ReplyDelete