Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Racing 1st May, Golf and £500 Challenge

Wincanton 3:50
Matt The Thrasher 3/1
Le Jaguar 7/2
Red Echo 7/2
Xellance 6/1
Even More 10/1

A very messy race. I've never liked Le Jaguar, Red Echo looked to have gone wrong last time, and Matt the Thrasher is the obvious improver, but with definite stamina doubts. Xellance, despite not having won in living memory, looks like he may be a Dr Newland special and I see Corals are ducking him this morning. Overall, not for me.



Golf - Italian Open

Two for me here.

Jeev Singh. Yes, I know this is getting boring. However, on my ratings he's probably the best golfer in this field and 50/1 is an insult and a must each way.

Anders Hansen. Hard to ignore his course form here, and although he may be a bit rusty I think 6/1 the place looks big. Sadly, I struggle to get much on with the Tote.

Also, Paddy Power are going ew the first 6 in both golf tournaments this week. Looking at the ew double angle, I'll stick a few pennies on Hansen and perennial straight-hitting placer Luke Donald at 25/1 the both.




£500 Challenge
A good start to the challenge last night. After some thought I've decided that on the whole we'll avoid the golf within the challenge - the inevitable losing runs won't play well with the fund's objectives.

Running Total 512.50



No comments:

Post a Comment