Saturday, May 19, 2007

Racing 19th May and £500 Challenge

Newbury 2:10
Day Flight 1/2
Peppertree Lane 6/1
Foreign Affairs 11/1
Group Captain 11/1

Unless the rains come and a gale blows up the track enabling Peppertree Lane to turn this into survival of the fittest, this looks all Day Flight's. Up to you to decide whether you'll play at 4/7!


Newbury 2:45
Peeress 2/1
Jeremy 9/2
Ramonti 5/1
Red Evie 6/1
Speciosa 12/1
Marcus Andronikus 20/1
Passager 20/1

I like Peeress a lot and this could hardly suit better. That said, Red Evie is priced strangely considering she beat Peeress (albeit a shade luckily and in receipt of weight for age) and barring her bad run at the end of the season is unbeaten. With the dead eight you can bet 7/4 a place for Red Evie on betfair, as opposed to 7/4 the win for Peeress. I can see Ramonti and Speciosa setting this up for the closers (it looked a long way home yesterday) and ruining their own chances in the process, thus enhancing Red Evie's place chances. I'll play each way at 9s with a small saver on the forecast. It's a little worrying that you can get the decent place terms on betfair, especially considering Victor Chandler would only allow me a tenner ew! Bell's horses aren't flying yet and that could maybe explain it, and be a worry.


Newbury 3:50
Zowington 9/2
Come Out Fighting 11/2
Ripples Maid 11/1
Gloved Hand 20/1
Dingaan 25/1

Zowington is in my virtual stable, ever since he nearly won at 120/1 two years ago. Last year, after winning nicely for me first time out, I followed him over the cliff every subsequent race, including coming third in a three way photo he looked to have won to the naked eye. I think today maybe the day to catch him, though the draw definitely tempers enthusiasm, and my tissue is almost certainly one-eyed.


£500 Challenge
£7 ew Red Evie at 9/1
£1 straight forecast Peeress bt Red Evie

Running Total
£607.52


If you're looking at the football scratching around for a bet on the football, how about both the FA Cup Final and the Champions League final being decided on penalties. Covering the combinations would provide around a 25/1 chance. I can't find much of an angle in either game otherwise so this will be my fun bet.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely win by Red Evie. She's just joined my stable, moving into the box that Zowington has just vacated!

    I forgot to put up Blackpool for a three star bet this morning - which is annoying but at least my own fund profited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice win there on Red Evie. I could have done with that one on a difficult day's racing.

    ReplyDelete